St Clare’s College, Waverley, is located within the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney.
The College is situated 15 minutes from Sydney’s CBD, 10 minutes from Centennial Park and 15 minutes from the UNSW campus. St Clare’s is well located for public transport, being a 10 minute walk from Bondi Junction train station and bus depot.
Bus routes which are accessible to The College include:
- From Maroubra and districts L94, 313, 314, 316, 317, 400
- From Matraville 657
- From Mascot, King Street and Botany Road 604
- From South Head Cemetery 681
- Vaucluse bus routes 323, 324, 325 to Edgecliff connect with 327
The following website has links to timetables and routes: http://www.sydneybuses.info/schools/school-timetables-and-maps.htm (use the drop down menu on the left side to access schools information or call 131500 for more information).
The School Student Transport Scheme (SSTS) can only be used for: travel between home and the school campus at which the student is enrolled, and approved travel, Monday to Friday on school days.
The scheme does not extend to travel for activities such as:
- school excursions;
- sports events;
- work experience;
- attendance at Vocational Education and Training (VET) in schools at a location away from the college/campus at which the student is enrolled;
- attendance at multi-campus high schools, Saturday schools, pre-schools, mini-schools (except for full-time geographically isolated distance education students);
- attendance at before and after school care or child minding premises.
To be eligible for the Scheme an applicant must be:
- a resident of NSW;
- secondary student (Year 7-12) who lives more than 2 kms (radial distance) from school, or 2.9 kms or more by the most direct practical walking route at the nearest entry point to the school.
How to Apply
Application forms are available from the school or TAFE. Forms must be completed and signed by a parent or guardian if the student is under 16 years of age.
A separate application must be lodged for each part of the trip undertaken with a different transport operator. For instance, a journey using the services of two bus operators and CityRail requires three applications. If a trip is undertaken on two separate services of the same transport operator, only one application is necessary.
The completed application form(s) should be returned to the school or TAFE, which will verify that the student is enrolled. Schools also do an initial check on the student’s eligibility on radial distance grounds.
The school will forward the application form(s) to the transport operator, who will assess whether the student meets the distance eligibility criteria.
If eligible, the operator will issue the student with a pass, which indicates that it is solely for travel under the Scheme. In some cases (such as in rural areas) passes are not issued, as the operator knows the students.
A new application must be completed when a student:
- progresses from Year 6 to Year 7;
- changes name, school and/or address;
- applies for an additional travel pass in a joint/dual custody situation.
Students who live outside of a 2.0 km radius of St Clare’s College, may be eligible for free student transport. Government subsidies are not provided to students who live within that 2.0 kilometre radius.
The Waverley area is well served by buses and trains. The train station is about a 10 minute walk from the College.
More detail about the