Archbishop’s Charter for Catholic Schools
On 23rd November Dr Dan White, The Executive Director of the Sydney Archdiocese of Schools joined us in our celebration of Poor Clare Day. During the Mass, Dr Dan White, as Archbishop Anthony Fisher’s representative, presented us with the Archbishop’s Charter.
Our College acknowledges and commits in spirit and action to the Archbishop’s Charter for Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney. Accordingly, we give witness to, and take decisive action on:
- Furthering the evangelising mission of the Church inspired by the charism of St Clare and St Francis of Assisi.
- Nurturing our students’ love of learning.
- Implementing the Archdiocesan Religious Education curriculum.
Encouraging our students’ participation in and commitment to the Catholic life of the school and the life of their parish.
- Teaching our students to know, understand and act on Catholic social teaching.
- Caring for our students through an inclusive curriculum, pastoral care and student wellbeing policies and practices.
- Giving priority to the enrolment of Catholic students.
- Working in partnership with and supporting our parents as the primary educators of their children.
- Working with our Parish Priests in nurturing in our students a personal relationship with Jesus.
- Employing staff who contribute to the mission of the Church.
Enhancing the witness and Catholic practice of staff, students and families.