Duke of Edinburgh Program

The Duke of Edinburgh is a program aimed at providing young people aged 14-25 with the opportunity to challenge themselves in a broad range of fields. The Duke of Edinburgh program runs year round, and often fits into many of the extra curricular activities students are already involved in; such as organised sport, music, dance, surf life saving and many more. 

Further Information

Getting Started

Duke of Edinburgh Award Registration 

Student Testimonials

Duke of Ed is an amazing experience, you get to bond with your friends while learning a range of skills. I learnt how to read a compass, read my surroundings and find them on a map as well as cook using a Trangia (camp cooker). 

Baylee – Year 11

Sleeping on a mat in a tent in the cold was a huge challenge and made me thankful for everything I have, but also for the opportunity to take myself out of my comfort zone. 

Ayla –  Year 11

Frequently Asked Questions

• Is the Duke of Edinburgh Hard?

Nothing worth doing is easy, so if you are looking for an opportunity to challenge yourself and step outside your comfort zone, then the Duke of Edinburgh program is a fantastic opportunity to do so.

• How much does it cost? 

In order to undertake the Duke of Edinburgh program, there is a registration fee charged by NSW Office of Sport and depends on which level you choose to undertake.

• Bronze – $140
    • Silver – $150
    • Gold – $170

In addition to these costs, the Adventurous Journey costs should be taken into account.

• Bronze Hikes are run externally through Somerset and vary depending on the mode chosen.
    • Silver and Gold Hikes run by the college incur a fee of $200 each.
  • What’s my username?

This is the email you registered with – usually your college email address. 

• I’ve confirmed my email address but I still can’t log on.

There is a processing period, followed by your award leader authorising the registration before you can log on, be patient, and if there is no change within 14 days, contact your award leader.

• Can I change my password?

Yes; simply hover your cursor over the welcome [your name] and a box will drop down, this will allow you to change password, update your details and even add a profile picture. 

• What do I do if I forget my password?

Click the “forgotten password” button on the login page and your password will be emailed to you. If you still have trouble, speak to your award leader. 

• I’ve logged more hours in a section but the percentage hasn’t gone up.

Sometimes the percentages don’t go up right away, particularly if you log multiple hours in a single week, this only counts at a rate of 1 hour per week or equivalent. Keep logging activities and this should change over time. 

%d bloggers like this: